I am very excited to share with you the new Postman release today.
Since the first version of Postman, Chrome apps have been evolving at a rapid phase. The new Packaged apps platform brings in even more features for apps to make use of. Postman is also being featured in the "Developer Tools" section as part of this new platform release.
The new Postman version has tons of API testing goodness designed to make you and your team more productive:
- Ability to organize requests within sub-collections inside collections. Keep things in order for your entire API!
- Binary file uploads – no limits on what you can send using Postman.
- Save responses directly to disk. Great for PDFs, images or any other binary file.
- Set environment and global values using the right click menu.
- Markdown support for request descriptions along with an editor to help you write it quickly
- Searching within history and collections
- Content-Type header tweaks – Autocomplete support as well as setting the header through the request body editor.
Along with these, there are lots of other tweaks which you will love. Other features in the pipeline are Google Drive syncing and support for socket connections.
If you are an existing user of Postman, you can export your collections and environments and bring them into the new packaged app version. The legacy version will be updated to have a bulk export option soon.
The Postman homepage is also getting a fresher look. Stay tuned for the upcoming releases and do let me know of any bugs you encounter.
Thank you for using Postman and a special thanks to those who have donated to the project!
You can get the packaged app version from here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/postman-rest-client-packa/fhbjgbiflinjbdggehcddcbncdddomop